A web site dedicated to Tom Harrington's family containing news, gossip and tales of the unexpected. Fun for all. If everone adds a few lines of news and information - others will look at this site and it will spiral into a web log of the Harringtons! It is so easy to add comments even I can do it. Tom

What time is it there?

Tom's Training Routine

Click for Bigger version
[AD]

 
Archives
<< current













 
Here are a few more pictures - I may add some new ones of Nora when I get round to it. Tom




 
How to upload a picture

Harringtons Calendar Click Here

 
Tuesday, July 06, 2004  
Hi All

I am safely in Katmandu now having a great time is this crazy but very enjoyable city. We arrived in the North of Nepal on the 2nd of July and have been relaxing in a pleasant mountain retreat luxury campsite called borderlands - lovely!


"Borderlands
-------------
Borderlands is a mere three hours north of Kathmandu, just south of the Tibetan border. Built on beautifully sculpted, sprawling terraces alongside the powerful Bhote Kosi River, sits this enchanting hideaway. Whether you choose to relax, integrate yourself into the natural surroundings, or gear up for high adventure, the centre will sooth your soul. From here we offer canyoning, rafting, mountain biking and exclusive trekking routes not found in any guidebook. Thatched safari-style tents, clean mountain air and tantalizing meals complement the peaceful atmosphere of this riverside resort.
"

and then on to Katmandu 2 days ago to sightsee and recover

I have had a fantastic time managed to cycle every pass and wind swept valley not getting into the Van of shame once – the only one in the group to do this! This is due to all the biking practice I managed to get (thanks Shiv and Jack)

I went to the airport this morning to catch out flight only to see it get cancelled as the weather over Tibet was too bad! I am fine with this as it gives me another day here. There is no telling what will happen tomorrow! But here in Nepal you just have to be calm, relaxed , flexible and cool – just like me

Off now for Pizza lunch and then to the monkey temple to tease the monkeys!

So I will update blog when I get back to Beijing

Love
Michael

posted by Michael on 7/06/2004 06:12:00 AM


Comments: Post a Comment
 
[AD]